Wednesday, March 11, 2015

One Christian's realization about Obama.

Finished reading Hebrews this morning.  Of late I have been convicted about my feelings, actions and behaviors towards President Obama.  Every time I want to like or share something about him that is negative.  I understand that even though, I do not agree with him, that, as a Christian, I am still supposed to honor and obey him as the leader which God has placed over me.  We are called to pray for our leaders too.  I don't know what to pray for, for him, except ask for God's will for him.  Many times the Church has suffered persecution, and more came to believe in Christ in the midst of it.  Soon, perhaps, the United States of America may become persecutors of Christians, more so than it already is.  I may not like it, but I know Romans 8:28 KJV says:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This is a verse, that again reminded and convicted me this morning.  Hebrews 13:17 KJV.

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Note also that our leaders have a responsibility towards us in this verse too.  They have watch over our souls and must give an account.  Thus we can be assured that God will deal with our Leaders appropriately. 

Just thought I was supposed to share.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment